Don’t you think, as we get older, we really should retain more of the lessons that we learned earlier in life?
- I should know better than to eat about a half pound of chocolate macaroons but I still did it. The sugar let down is brutal and so is the uneasy stomach but did I learn? NO!
- Criminals (sorry suspects-we must be politically correct you know) should know that they can’t outrun a Police Service Dog. Chances are they tried to outrun a dog in their youth and who won? Not them, unless it was a chihuahua! Did they learn? NO!
- Mom told you not to pick your nose in public but take a look at the people in the cars next to you at a stop light. Bet you find someone doing it. Did they learn? NO!
- Mom told me to come in out of the rain but did I learn? NO! In fact I paid hundreds of dollars for the privilege in Venice a few years ago.
- You learned the hard way that too much alcohol, too little sleep, and flying is a really bad combination. But did you learn? NO!
- You learned that too much coffee just before bed not only keeps you awake but causes you to make two extra trips to the bathroom. But did you learn? NO!
- You were taught not to say bad things about other people especially if it may get back to them. But did you learn? NO!
- You learned that you can’t negotiate with a terrorist (aka your two year old) but here you are with another one on the way. Did you learn? NO! P.S. this may also apply to a hormone raged or snarky 15 year old in your midst.
So tell me, what things have you still not learned?